Trademark Service Agents in UAE
202 years of combined legal counsel from some of the regions most distinguished advocates.
About Trademark Service Agents
Trademark Service Agents
What is trademark registration and why is it required?
Trademark is either a symbol, name, brand logo that typically represents the business service or products which are unique for each and every authorized business. The authorised approval from the Government is the patent rights owned by the business. It is illegal to copy, produce, sell their products without legal permissions. It is required mainly to protect the brand and avoid anyone taking the ownership of the business products or service. Trademarks that are generated merely for the fancy purpose and has no meaning or association with the business is referred to as fanciful trademark and those trademarks that has a meaningful name but has nothing to do with the products are called as arbitrary trademark.
Types of business where trademark is required
Trademark registration application is submitted to the Ministry of Economy. Any kind of a product, writing or a creative idea that cannot be used without a legal permission can be registered. In UAE according to the Federal Law the copyright ownership can be given to individual or an organization or a legal entity. If the company is on liquidation the trademark certification is cancelled automatically. Apart from the UAE court, there is no official operating body that can cancel the copyright registration.
What are the process followed to get the trademark registered in UAE
Trademark registration is initiated by filling a form or application requesting for the company name and the brand name that needs to be registered. The application is submitted to the Ministry of Economy for approval along with the processing fee. The Ministry of Economy studies the application completely and publishes the information in the local newspaper. After an official publish is conducted the registration fee is paid and approved. It is required to submit documents like logo of the trademark that needs to be registered along with the trade license copy of the business, power of attorney, passport copy and list of items or products that needs to be licensed and the contact details of the owner.
How long does it take to register?
The process of trademark registration ideally takes right to ten months in United Arab Emirates and copyrights takes almost five to six months. The validity of the registered trademark lasts for ten years and the copyrights owned lasts for the lifetime of the author and fifty years even after the death. The trademark registered covers only the UAE region. In order to renew the trademark registration, it is required to submit additional fee to the UAE Ministry of Economy for extension.
Benefits of trademark registration
Benefit of the trademark registration is the rights given to the individual with respect to the product or services. It gives complete security for the business owners. Registering the trademark provides a legal license and the owner has all the rights to claim the business. This helps the clients to easily recognize the business product. This acts as a protective shield with less cost. Trademark service agents are committed to act as a service provider who applied on behalf of the client. Above listed are the top trademark service agents in United Arab Emirates.
Duties of Trademark Lawyers in UAE
1. They advise on the availability of trademarks after detailed research on the existing list of Intellectual Properties.
2. They report on the issues of Intellectual properties namely design, logo, brand name, slogan and other trademarks.
3. Providing complete assistance on launching new products in the market.
4. They oversee the entire registration process of a brand name or tradename registration.
5. It involves 5 simple steps filling out the request application for a new brand registration and the trademark attorneys guide to fill the same.
6. Followed by the payment of registration fees which undergoes a series of evaluation.
7. Trademark lawyers help to publish the new trademark registration details in the newspaper. It finally goes to the final registration procedure.
8. If there is any infringement in the trademark or if the client's trademark is broken, trademark lawyers take appropriate action by reaching out to the court.
9. They also follow up on the trademark renewal process.
10. The International trademark registration process also requires guidance and advise from trademark attorneys.